Skip Navigation
Menu

The History of Our School

On September 8, 1954, Christ the Kings School opened its doors to 300 students in grades 1-3. Within six years, the school had 760 students in grade 1-8. From its inception, education at Christ the King focused on infusing Catholic teaching into science and mathematics. The school was filled with the caring spirit of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus, Mary and Joseph from Marylhurst, OR. The sisters of the Holy Names remained part of the teaching staff for 30 years. 

In 1989, the school added an all-day Kindergarten program. For many years, CKCS was the only school that offered all-day Kindergarten and often had a waiting list. In 2010, a Montessori Preschool was added. It expanded to 3 half day sessions at the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year. In 2017, CKCS added a full-day preschool program. 
 
Currently, Christ the King has 3 Preschool classrooms, and two classrooms per grade level Kindergarten-8th Grade. 
 
PTO Event